- Great thanks to @Ender_L who started working on a libGDX renderer for Zircon! This is how it looks right now. All basic features are now working, and we just need to optimize it a bit.
- We implemented a lot of new things in Caves of Zircon:
- We tried a bunch of different color themes: 0, 1, 2, 3 and tilesets 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 then we finally settled with this setup.
- Look and feel was also upgraded with mossy walls, textured floors and scattered items
- Now you can also pick up items and drop them
- And dropped items have a glow around them.
The ECS (ish) system which we worked on to support this helps greatly with the development so we’ll keep using (and improving) it. We’re more than halfway (55%) through with the project!
Borders also got upgraded: now you can set a width and a border color for
GameAreanow supports overlays! This is very useful for Fog of War and similar effects. (see the gifs above)
Do you have questions? Ask us on our Discord Server.