This week was mainly spent with preparing for the next major release and upgrading stuff:
- The code underwent some optimization so framework overhead dropped from
- The API was “sanetized” which means that it is not a bit easier and more straightforward to use
- We had some extra time to create some new fancy
- Great thanks to /u/coldwarrl who contributed the
LogAreacomponent: screenshot here it supports all elements which is supported by
- /u/coldwarrl also contributed the
Delaymodifier which delays displaying a
Tile. This can be used to great effect for a typewriter effect
TextBoxwas retrofitted to support this typing effect and also to support inline
Components like in this example
- Also here is a scrolling
Modifierinterface was separated to two parts:
TextureTransformermodifiers (which is the old way of modifying things) and
TileTransformermodifiers which can tamper with
Tiles before rendering textures (this is what
Delayuses for example)
setTile(and their relative counterpats) methods were also “sanetized” so it is now pretty straightforward to use them.
TileGraphicsnow provides a proper
snapshot()is called instead of just returning a
Map<Position, Size>. This makes it more flexible and useful later when we properly implement multi-sized tiles.
- We made great progress this week and now only 2 tasks remain for the release (excluding testing / documenting)!
A next major release is coming up for this Autumn, so stay tuned.
Do you have questions? Ask us on our Discord Server.